Are you planning to open a business in Contra Costa County anytime soon or in the future? Then it would help if you can familiarize yourself with the requirements as early as possible, including the Contra Costa County Conditional Use Permit.

While they are not necessarily difficult to secure, the sheer number of documents that you need to prepare for the pre-application on top of all the work and planning you have to do could easily overwhelm you. However, it is also not something that you can forgo, especially if you don’t want any run-ins with the law.

A Contra Costa County Conditional Use Permit is required by the Planning and Development Department to ensure that the commercial, institutional, and industrial use of land does not harm the local community. It serves as a gatekeeper for city planners and the rest of the local government so they can maintain peace and order in the entire county.

With a conditional use permit, it becomes easier for the local governing body to regulate businesses and other establishments in their respective districts.

Schedule an Appointment | 800.799.9081

Obtaining a Conditional Use Permit (CUP) is a vital step in establishing the legal foundation of your business. Set an appointment with our experts for consultations and assistance in processing your Conditional Use Permit (CUP). You may contact us through this number tel:+1 800-799-9081 or visit us at 475 Washington Blvd., Marina Del Ray, CA 90292.

Request a Free Consultation

Getting in touch with us is quick and easy. Simply fill out this form and expect a response from us within 24 hours.

Contra Costa County Conditional Use Permit Facts

The need for a conditional use permit depends on the zoning district where your property is located as well as the type of business that you intend to put up. This means that there might be instances when the business you are planning to open is not allowed in your location.

For example, your property is located in a residential district. It might be difficult to secure a Contra Costa County Conditional Use Permit for an industrial factory. The same goes for a bar or club in a property that is located in a church or school zone.

The best way to know if your property requires a conditional use permit is to visit the local planning office to inquire. can assist you with the process if you don’t know where to begin. Ask us for a free consultation and we’d be happy to walk you through the process.